My sister gave my this book “Instead of Plastic” for Xmas and I can only recommend it to you: very practical tipps for how to reduce plastic in our daily life. For example: by making your own bee’s wax wraps.
What you need:
- bee’s wax
- 100% cotton textile
- baking paper
How to make your own bees wax wraps:
- Cut the textile! Choose the size you’d want
- Heat the oven up to 80 degrees C
- Put 2 sheet of paper on a baking tray
- Cover the baking paper with the textile
- Then place the bee’s wax on the textile and let it melt in the oven.
- If you placed too much bee’s wax on the cloth, let the next textile soak in the rest of the bee’s wax.
- I then took another baking tray, put baking paper on it and let the textiles dry there.
Have fun trying and let me know how it worked!